Review AF6 6th Concert : Bye Bye Mama

I’m disappointed. Wait, why should I be? It’s AF. I can’t be expecting each and every single one of the students to deliver a stellar performance every week. I didn’t really watch the concert that night because I was busy switching channels. But I did watch the repeat yesterday.

So who was the best? Let’s start the review. Pardon my language. I’m having a mood swing. Here we go.

8. Toi – Tak Bisakah

No surprise here. I changed the channel after watching him perform halfway. I didn’t get what he was singing. So I watched it again yesterday afternoon. Gosh. It was a bad karaoke for me. I’m sorry Toi, but you can’t sing. Please do what you do best, play the angklung. Just don’t sing anymore. Singing is not your thing and it will never be. Why is he still there? GET THE FREAKING OUT!

7. Stanly – Katakanlah


I still remember someone sang this song during AF3. I just can’t remember his name. But he did way much better than Stanly. Stanly’s version was all over the place. His runs ruined his performance. He was shooting everywhere. Pitchy. He needs to leave the academy as soon as possible. I’m getting nothing out of him. How sad because technically, he is supposed to be the best. OUT!

6. Nubhan – Generasiku

Better this week. But still not enough for me. I’m sorry. Nubhan, you have such a lovely tone, but you’re not improving enough. You need to focused and perhaps you need to be like Dora the Explorer. Why Dora? Because you need to explore. Explore your freaking unique tone! IN

5. Rina – Ular


I didn’t feel a thing when she was announced as the one who's gonnna leave the academy. I just felt that Toi was supposed to be out. Dang! She was just okay. She was mumbling almost half of the song. Her performance wasn’t interesting. It was like a bad impersonation of Anita Sarawak. Nothing spectacular about her performance. She seemed a bit over confident though. Good luck mama. IN

4. Alif – Ketahuan

I like this song. I like his performance. It was enough for me to put him in this spot. Technically, he’s improving. But he’s inconsistent. He still has a loooonnnggg way to go. IN

3. Nadia – Rama Rama

Adlin was right. Her performance was kind of over the top. It was like a machine gun shooting without stopping. But she was still good though there were some flat notes. Still she was one the best. But I still get the vibe that she’s trying TOO hard. Chill girl. IN

2. Riz – Seribu Tahun

I love this song to death! Riz tried to make the song his own. Good. He was good although there were some off parts especially at the end. But still, his voice mesmerized me. He is such a good singer with great potential. Lovely tone. Way to go boy! IN

1. Stacy – Don’t Speak

Give this girl anything, she can do it. Nothing much I can say about her performance. It was great. I enjoyed it. I understand her story. She’s a star! SO IN!

Next week, the concert will be held in at Istana Budaya. Wow! A lil’ bit too big for them don’t you think? Especially for Toi. I hope Stanly will ‘goreng’. Hope my three favs will excel. Good luck.

Till next time. Out!

*Pictures courtesy of Mr Manager*

0 Pengkritik Setia: