REVIEW AF6 5TH CONCERT : BU HETTY, BU KARTINI

I managed to watch the concert live. As in, I was there, in the hall, watching them perform. Thanks to Mr Manager who was so kind giving me the opportunity to watch the concert and became part of the live audience. I’ve had quite a rough week, so watching the concert did cheer me up a little bit.

My review is gonna be slightly different this time. I’m gonna divide the performances into two. The good and the bad. There will be the best of the best and the worst of the worst. It’s going to be reviewed randomly, not according to my ranking from 9-1. Pardon my language. Here we go.

The Good

Riz – Time Is Running Out
He was awesome. I love his performance. It was definitely one of his best. He was clearly in control. His voice projection was good to me. He is so versatile and consistent. I want to see him in the final concert. I just want him to tone down his attitude and slim down his body. If he managed to successfully achieve those two, I believe he will be the next male singing sensation, like Anuar Zain. SO IN!

Stacy – Makhluk Tuhan Paling Seksi
She is a star and nobody can deny that. I really really enjoyed her performance. It was spectacular! Words can’t describe how good she was. Her movements were great, her vocal was outstanding. I love her tone. That husky tone makes me go crazy! I want her to win and please, let her win. She deserves it. SO IN!

Nadia – Kalis Rindu
This girl knows how to capture the audience. Her performance to me was really good. She enjoyed singing the song, she was telling a story and the story was good. I couldn’t take my eyes off her. She’s cute! SO IN!

Rina – Syurga & Neraka
She’s a performer. Well, at least she tried to be one. Her vocal wasn’t stunning. Her dress was a bit too much. But her performance as a whole was good. I like it when she tried to communicate with the audience. Good job mama! IN

All of them deserve a place in the final concert. They have been showing consistency, good improvements and I hope the audience will vote for them instead of others. Not to say the rest of the contestants are not good, but these four are just better than them.

Now let’s move on to the bad ones. Though there are few good performances in the bad category, but I still think their performances were a bit bland, mediocre and weak as a whole.

The Bad

Stanly – Umi
It is such a nice song. Stanly was okay. Hearing him singing live is different than watching it at home. He has one powerful and loud voice. But it’s true. He needs to control his microphone while singing. His projection was really good but because of the weakness in controlling the mic, his sounded like screaming, not singing. I thought his emotions were forced. He should not THINK too much about his movements and gestures. Let it come naturally and make sure the emotion comes from the heart. He deserves another week. OUT!

Saida – Bila Bunga Bunga Berguguran
Call me jiwang or whatever, I have this song in my Ipod and I love it so very much. The song is very soothing but sad. I dunno why, but I think that I’m starting to like Saida although I don’t think she is a good singer. She can sing but she’s definitely not a singer material. But she can grab attention. People would want to look at her, and they will expect more from her. Like me. She was beautiful last night. My friend told me that he likes her. She’s cute! Yes, she is cute. There something about Saida. Too bad she’s gone. Her performance was just okay. I was so mad at her because she tends to let go of her emotion sooner that she’s supposed to. She wasn’t in control of her own emotions. Argh! OUT!

Nubhan – Kembali Senyum
Nubhan disappoints me big time! I was furious because he didn’t perform well. Luckily Ibu Hetty likes him. Probably because of his tone. But he is not working it. I thought he sounded off a little a bit. He didn’t make the song his own. I like the Japanese/Korean version of the song better than the Malay. Nubhan needs to step up. Find his x-factor. Find his identity. OUT!

Alif – Hai
He was okay. Just okay. Multitasking on stage is not easy. Multitasking one stage in from of hundreds of people IS definitely hard. But I think Alif pulled it off. Why is his percentage so high?? OUT!

Toi – Beautiful Girls
I was laughing my ass off. I dunno. It was just wrong wrong wrong. Horrendous with a capital H. The lowest level of karaoke. If Simon said to Brooke, ‘it’s like ordering a hamburger without the meat’. But watching him perform, was like ordering a Big Mac at KFC where you will get a tight slap on your face for being stupid. He needs to go. He should have gone. He’s TOO mediocre. GET THE FREAKING OUT!

Now, here’s my ACTUAL ranking.

1. Stacy
2. Riz
3. Nadia
4. Rina

(HUGE GAP)

5. Stanly
6. Alif
7. Saida
8. Nubhan

(HUGE GAP x 10)

9. Toi

That’s all folks. Till next time. Out!

3 Pengkritik Setia:

Anonymous at: 4:17 PM said...

agree² with u...Stacy deserve to win...Riz...hurmmm...his okay...he just need to change his atitute...and i agree with u again...

Anonymous at: 5:35 PM said...

its easy being the person sitting down the stage watching the kids singing rather than being on it, experiencing the same thing huh?

Anonymous at: 5:55 PM said...

Kembali Senyum, originally a Korean song from Korean Drama- Full House. i didnt remember the title in hangul. :p. i hate the malay version :( X_X