P Ramlee The Musical

Last Saturday, I got the chance to watch the most talked musical show in town, P. Ramlee the Musical. A friend of mine memang baik gile belanja I tengok show tu dekat Istana Budaya. Thank you mate. Appreciate it show much. I memang teringin actually nak tengok show tu, just that I didn’t get the chance before this.

My friend chose the 3 o clock show. We arrived there on time. The show started at 3.15 pm.

I can sum the show up in one word. AMAZING!

Okay, here’s my review :

THE SET
The set was breathtakingly beautiful. I was amazed by the set. Especially set masa dekat dalam ruang tamu rumah P.Ramlee. It was so beautiful. I would say the sets are better than Puteri Gunung Ledang’s (The Musical).

THE STORY
There were some draggy and boring parts. But it was brilliantly covered by the actors and lagu lagu yang sedap. I won’t say the storyline was superb sebab I rasa macam ada moments yang betul-betul boleh menyentap emosi macam ditarik balik. How do I explain it? Hmm..it was like a yoyo. But It was still good though. There were few scenes yang masih lagi melekat in my mind. First, yang masa Musly nyanyi lagu ‘Hujan Di Tengahari’, selepas watak P.Ramlee bercerai dengan Junaidah. Second one, scene pergaduhan antara Norizan(Melissa Saila) dengan P. Ramlee(Musly). That particular was so intense, even I sendiri could feel them . It was THAT good. The third one was when after P.Ramlee bercerai dengan Norizan.Rasa-rasanya dia menyanyikan lagu Jeritan Batinku (terkesima sangat dengan keberkesanan scene sebelumnya sampai lupa lagu apa yang dia nyanyi). Rasa macam I was watching Dreamgirls. Masa Jennifer Hudson nyanyi lagi ‘And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going’. And the last one yang I suka adalah right after P.Ramlee nyanyi lagu Jeritan Batinku itu, the stage macam split kepada 2 bahagian. Bahagian atas, P.Ramlee tengah bersedih (kepala letak atas meja tu, frust tak ingat!), dan di bahagian bawah, Saloma (Liza Hanim) tengah menyayi lagu yang sangat sedap tapi I don’t know what’s the title of the song. Those were the acts yang I betul betul suka. It was like watching an international show.

THE SONGS
I like almost all of the songs! The new compositions were fantastic. Liza Hanim was superby amazing. Her voice buat I rasa melayang. I love her voice. Atilia was really good too. My perception towards her talent jadi berubah lepas dengar dia menyanyikan lagu-lagu dalam show tu dengan sungguh bagus sekali. I love her voice. Emelda, better known as an actress, did deliver her song fantastically. Props to her. She was gorgeous and I belive her portrayal as Azizah is much more better than Siti Nurhaliza (though Siti has way much better voice). But Emelda’s was really sweet. Good choice. Personailiti Emelda lebih kena dengan isi lagu Azizah; Rupa kamu yang cantik/Mata kamu yang bulat. Perfect!

THE CAST
Perfect! That’s all I could say. Musly was really good. Liza Hanim was great. Melissa Saila was flawless. I don’t anything else to say about the actor. Each one of them delivered. Brilliant!

So to those yang masih belum tengok show ni, kalau anda peminat musical show, this one memang kena tengok. Congratulations to the production team. Tiara has just showed to world that Malaysia Truly Boleh!

Coolness! A perfect 5 stars

2 Pengkritik Setia:

{ AK } at: 1:50 AM said...

huhu ape nih update separuh2...

{ Mr Karlos Chanel } at: 12:54 PM said...

glad u enjoyed it...