Anak Halal : Halal Ditonton

Yesterday, I have been invited by a good friend of mine who is also a well known blogger ( well known la kan? Muahaha), Mr Ajami Hashim for an unofficial gala night screening (sebab ada goodie bags segala!) of the lastest Osman Ali’s movie, ANAK HALAL.

I don’t really do reviews but sometimes I do. So here is my take on the movie:

Amazing cast! That’s all I can say.

Putting aside Maya’s “weird” street-malay accent, her acting was better than any of her previous work especially those in Shuhami Baba’s movie. She has elevated herself to a different level. Props to her. The body language, the emotions and the way she portrayed her character, really good.

I never knew Farid Kamil is such a great actor! I just love him in this movie. His acting was natural. I can never imagine anyone else playing Inderaputra. Osman chose ( I believe he did) the perfect actor for the part.

The rest of the cast were really great too especially Adiputra, Raja Farah (the psycho girl), Fauzi Nawawi, Bront, Remy Ishak ( goodness gracious me!) and the others. Even Fasha was good. Well, compared to her previous movies, I think this is her best to date ( but not as good as Maya, which is clearly the HEROINE of this movie..she saved the HERO…so..DUH! ). But her voice is such a turn off! Major one! Although I can say her acting, to me, is around the same level as Erra Fazira (which I’m still wondering how she managed to win the best actress award few years ago) but at least Erra has a pleasant voice.

In terms of storyline, I can understand it. There were humors here and there, scene ganas pun banyak, few of romance , many actions, screaming, shouting, and not to mention, quacking ( Fasha was really good at this). Osman managed to show the other side of Kuala Lumpur. I like it. The alleys, the bawah jambatan port, the atas flat port, and the life of people living in the projects ( public housing/flats) which rarely pictured in other malay dramas or movies and other stuffs too.

I have zero knowledge in filmmaking, so I’m not going to talk about the technical side like the plots, the script, the editing and also the art direction work. All I can say the movie captured me as a whole. It can be better though. Congrats to the team for making such a good movie. Thanks to Ajami. And oh, I met Bront and Remy. They were nice. Have I mentioned, goodness gracious me? I guess I did. Ajami would understand. Hehehe

3.5/5 Stars. Well done! Memang HALAL untuk ditonton.

5 Pengkritik Setia:

{ wénkt } at: 8:07 PM said...

wahhh comment tak nak kalah tu...

http://wenkt.com/blog/?p=1879

{ Ajami Hashim } at: 3:09 AM said...

unofficial gala night screening (sebab ada goodie bags segala!)

..matilaa ajami buat mlm gala sendiri!!! kekekekekek!!!

{ fadz } at: 1:34 PM said...

ure d 1st one to say fasha was good.. well fasha was definitley good when she got high, like really..

Anonymous at: 2:19 PM said...

huik...rating kita sama la...3.5...heheheh

{ Max J. Potter } at: 4:35 PM said...

hey i like ur review. *^^* nice. havent seen it..hope to see it.. and nice blog. i love pink and black.